I have written a portable ProTracker 2 (v2.3D) clone in C using SDL 2. Here's a screenshot.
What is ProTracker? Read about it on Wikipedia.
This clone is meant for computers with a modern GPU and CPU (from about 2008 or later recommended).
PT2 clone v1.25 download:
It's also designed for 60Hz monitor refresh rates, so it can act choppy if you're below/above 60Hz.
Note #1: If you're using a French keyboard layout, you must not hold down shift while entering numbers in
the pattern data.
Note #2: If you have more than one monitor connected to your PC, you might get fullscreen issues!
(18/11/2020 15:17 GMT +2 - changelog
Source code can be found over at GitHub. Please read "HOW-TO-COMPILE.txt".
Palette editor tool download:
macOS/OS X important notices:
May or may not compile on Linux. You might have better luck trying to look for the "pt2-clone" package in your distribution's package repository.
Windows important notice:
- To be able to actually run the program, you need to right click the .app/program and click "Open".
This is only needed once, you can open it like normal after this.
- A lot of important keybindings in PT are occupied and has to be rerouted or removed in the OS
- If the fullscreen key (F11) doesn't work, you need to hold down the fn-key as well
- The performance can be really sluggish, especially on older retina MacBooks/Macs.
The mouse cursor can be heavily delayed, and turning off VSync (protracker.ini) can either help or make it
much worse. Getting good performance and little delay with my tracker clones on (older?) Macs is heavily luck based!
Linux important notice:
- If ALT+F5 (paste pattern) doesn't work and you have an NVIDIA GPU, you need to make sure that
keybinding is disabled in 'GeForce Experience' (if it's installed).
- To get ALT+F4 (copy pattern) and ALT+F5 (paste pattern) working, you have to change these
keyboard shortcuts in your OS to something else.
Here's a ProTracker tutorial by Wasp^PWL.
IRC: #protracker @ IRCNet (server: open.ircnet.net port 6667)