I have written a portable ProTracker 2 (v2.3D) clone in C using SDL 2. Here's a screenshot.
What is ProTracker? Read about it on Wikipedia.
Note #1: If you're using a French keyboard layout, you must not hold down shift while entering numbers in
PT2 clone v1.39 download:
the pattern data.
Note #2: If you have more than one monitor connected to your PC, and they use different refresh rates, you
might get some program issues!
(12th of January 2022 14:05 - GMT +2 - changelog
Source code and more info can be found over at GitHub. Please read "HOW-TO-COMPILE.txt".
Palette editor tool download:
macOS/OS X important notices:
May or may not compile on Linux. You might have better luck trying to look for the "pt2-clone" package in your distribution's package repository.
Windows important notice:
- To be able to actually run the program, you need to right click the .app/program and click "Open".
This is only needed once, you can open it like normal after this.
- A lot of important keybindings in PT are occupied and has to be rerouted or removed in the OS
- If the fullscreen key (F11) doesn't work, you need to hold down the fn-key as well. If it still doesn't work, the
F11 key might be set to "Show Desktop" in the OS settings
- On macOS Mojave and later, you can't sample audio. This is because of an issue in SDL2 where it won't ask
for permission to use the selected audio input device before sampling.
- The performance can be really sluggish, especially on older retina MacBooks/Macs. The mouse cursor can be heavily
delayed, and turning off VSync (protracker.ini) can either help or make it much worse. Getting good performance and
little delay with my tracker clones on (older?) Macs is heavily luck based!
Linux important notice:
- If ALT+F5 (paste pattern) doesn't work and you have an NVIDIA GPU, you need to make sure that
keybinding is disabled in 'GeForce Experience' (if it's installed).
- To get ALT+F4 (copy pattern) and ALT+F5 (paste pattern) working, you have to change these
keyboard shortcuts in your OS to something else.
Here's a ProTracker tutorial by Wasp^PWL.
IRC: #protracker @ IRCNet (server: open.ircnet.net port 6667)