I have written a portable ProTracker 2 (v2.3D) clone in C using SDL 2. Here's a screenshot.
What is ProTracker? Read about it on Wikipedia.
Note #1: If you're using a French keyboard layout, you must not hold down shift while entering numbers in
PT2 clone v1.64 download:
the pattern data.
Note #2: If you have more than one monitor connected to your PC, and they use different refresh rates, you
might get some program issues!
(7th of September 2023 17:40 - GMT +2 - changelog
Source code and more info can be found over at GitHub. Please read "HOW-TO-COMPILE.txt".
Windows important notice:
macOS/OS X important notices:
- If ALT+F5 (paste pattern), ALT+F11 etc. doesn't work and you have an NVIDIA GPU, you need to make sure that
the keybindings are disabled in 'GeForce Experience' (if it's installed).
Linux important notice:
- To be able to actually run the program, you need to right click the .app/program and click "Open".
This is only needed once, you can open it like normal after this.
- To get the config file to load, protracker.ini has to be in the same directory as the .app (program) itself
- A lot of important keybindings in PT are occupied and has to be rerouted or removed in the OS
- If the fullscreen key (F11) doesn't work, you need to hold down the fn-key as well. If it still doesn't work, the
F11 key might be set to "Show Desktop" in the OS settings
- The performance can be really sluggish, especially on older retina MacBooks/Macs. The mouse cursor can be heavily
delayed, and turning off VSync (protracker.ini) can either help or make it much worse. Getting good performance and
little delay with my tracker clones on (older?) Macs is heavily luck based!
Palette editor tool download:
- To get ALT+F4 (copy pattern) and ALT+F5 (paste pattern) working, you have to change these
keyboard shortcuts in your OS to something else.
Here's a ProTracker tutorial by Wasp^PWL.