This clone is meant for computers with a modern GPU and CPU (from about 2008 or later recommended).
It's also designed for 60Hz monitor refresh rates, so it can act choppy if you're below/above 60Hz.
- The program can have severe issues on virtual machines and on some Windows XP machines
- I'm ending 32-bit Windows support in 2020! This means that only the 64-bit version will be available
Version #166 (beta) download: (binaries updated 14.08.2019 16:41 GMT +2 - changelog)
--> Windows 64-bit (recommended - Windows Vista or later)
--> Windows 32-bit (for Windows XP SP2 or older machines with 32-bit Windows)
--> macOS/OS X 64-bit (OS X 10.7 and later - read Mac notices below!)
--> Linux packages for amd64/x86_64 (not supported by me)
macOS/OS X important notices:
- To be able to actually run the program, you need to right click the .app/program and click "Open".
This is only needed once, you can open it like normal after this.
- A lot of important keybindings in FT2 are occupied and has to be rerouted or removed in the OS.
- To toggle fullscreen, press ALT+Enter.
- The performance can be really sluggish, especially on older retina MacBooks/Macs.
The mouse cursor can be heavily delayed, and turning off VSync (Config->Miscellaneous) can either help or make it
much worse. Getting good performance and little delay with my tracker clones on (older?) Macs is heavily luck based!
Windows important notice:
- If ALT+F4/ALT+F5 (copy/paste block) doesn't work and you have an NVIDIA GPU, you need to make sure
those keybindings are disabled in 'GeForce Experience' (if it's installed).
Source code: ft2clone-b166-code.zip (URL will change with versions)
Please read "HOW-TO-COMPILE.txt". Compiles on Linux.
IRC: #protracker @ IRCNet (server: open.ircnet.net port 6667)