This clone is meant for computers with a modern GPU and CPU (from about 2008 or later recommended).
It's also designed for 60Hz monitor refresh rates, so it can act choppy if you're below/above 60Hz.
FT2 clone v1.00 download: (changelog - changelog for beta versions)
--> Windows 64-bit
--> macOS/OS X 64-bit (OS X 10.7 and later - read Mac notices below!)
--> Linux packages for amd64/x86_64 (not supported by me)
--> Legacy Windows 32-bit (beta version #168, not updated anymore, also has false virus reports)
macOS/OS X important notices:
- To be able to actually run the program, you need to right click the .app/program and click "Open".
This is only needed once, you can open it like normal after this.
- A lot of important keybindings in FT2 are occupied and has to be rerouted or removed in the OS.
- To toggle fullscreen mode, press ALT+Enter or Ctrl+Cmd+F.
- The performance can be somewhat sluggish, especially on older retina MacBooks/Macs.
The mouse cursor can be heavily delayed, and turning off VSync (Config->Miscellaneous) can either help or make it
much worse. Getting good performance and little delay with my tracker clones on (older?) Macs is heavily luck based!
Windows important notice:
- If ALT+F4/ALT+F5 (copy/paste block) doesn't work and you have an NVIDIA GPU, you need to make sure
those keybindings are disabled in 'GeForce Experience' (if it's installed).
Source code: ft2-clone-v1.00-code.zip (URL will change with versions)
Please read "HOW-TO-COMPILE.txt". Compiles on Linux.
IRC: #protracker (yes, also goes for the FT2 clone) @ IRCNet (server: open.ircnet.net)