This clone is meant for computers with a modern GPU and CPU (from about 2007 or later recommended).
It's also designed for 60Hz monitor refresh rates, so it can act choppy if you're below/above 60Hz.
- The program can have severe issues on virtual machines and on some Windows XP machines
- If you're using a French keyboard layout, you must not hold down shift while entering numbers in
the pattern data
- I'm ending 32-bit Windows support in 2020! This means that only a 64-bit version will be available then
Version #27 (beta) download: (binaries updated 05.08.2019 15:10 GMT +2 - changelog)
--> Windows 32-bit (Windows XP SP2 and later) - Palette editor tool
--> macOS/OS X 64-bit (OS X 10.6 and later - read Mac notices below!) - Palette editor tool
macOS/OS X important notices:
- To be able to actually run the program, you need to right click the .app/program and click "Open".
This is only needed once, you can open it like normal after this.
- A lot of important keybindings in PT are occupied and has to be rerouted or removed in the OS.
- To toggle fullscreen, press F11. If it doesn't work, you need to hold down the fn-key as well.
- The performance can be really sluggish, especially on older retina MacBooks/Macs.
The mouse cursor can be heavily delayed, and turning off VSync (protracker.ini) can either help or make it
much worse. Getting good performance and little delay with my tracker clones on (older?) Macs is heavily luck based!
Windows important notice:
- If ALT+F5 (paste pattern) doesn't work and you have an NVIDIA GPU, you need to make sure that
keybinding is disabled in 'GeForce Experience' (if it's installed).
GNU/Linux important notice:
- To get ALT+F4 (copy pattern) and ALT+F5 (paste pattern) working, you have to change these
keyboard shortcuts in your OS to something else.
ProTracker tutorial by Wasp^PWL: http://bit.ly/1KAG0IS
IRC: #protracker at IRCNet (server: open.ircnet.net port 6667)