If someone wants to be nice and make me a suiting logo, let me know!
I have written a ProTracker v2.3D clone in C using SDL 2.
It contains several new fatures:
* WAV sample loader/saver
* Sample hand editing tool
* Low-pass/high-pass filters in the sample editor
* The ability to render the song to a WAV file
* The ability to render a pattern to a sample (useful for making drumloops and such)
* Full support for 128kB samples (many Amiga PT routines are broken with >64kB samples)
Please consult help.txt for more information on the new features and everything else.
Here's a link to a great ProTracker tutorial by Wasp^PWL: http://bit.ly/1KAG0IS
Windows important notice:
- If ALT+F4/ALT+F5 (copy/paste pattern) doesn't work and you have NVIDIA drivers installed, you need to make sure that 'GeForce Experience' is uninstalled. This rather useless program is taking over ALT+F5.
- If you get a "Graftor" trojan anti-virus report, then it's a false alarm!
You can look at the code and try to compile it yourself with Visual Studio, it will say the same...
OS X/macOS important notice:
To be able to actually run the program, you need to right click the .app and press "Open". This is only needed once, you can open it like normal after this. If the config won't load, you have to make a directory called .protracker in your home directory (f.ex. /Users/olav/.protracker), then copy protracker.ini over there.
Use the terminal if you can't see any .protracker folder after creating it.
GNU/Linux important notice:
To get ALT+F4 (copy pattern) and ALT+F5 (paste pattern) working, you have to change these keyboard shortcuts in your OS to something else.
For FR (french) keyboard layout users: You can't enter numbers. For non-US keyboard layout users: Notes and shifted keys are US hardcoded.
IRC: #protracker @ IRCNet (warning: crazy channel)